donderdag 15 augustus 2013

The adventure has begun!

My parents picked me up at 8.30 to leave to the airport. I was ready to leave. Packed my backpack and checked in online. Bye bye home and kittycat.. Gonna miss you. I felt a little sad.. but at the same time very excited. We arrived just on time. I had more then an hour left till my departure. I gave my passport and ticket to the woman behind the  counter. She looked at me and asked: "did u buy a oneway ticket?" I answered yes.. "it's not allowed to fly with a one way ticket. You have to show that you're leaving the country" she told with a monotone voice. "And why are you telling me this now?!" t was hard to stay calm, my plane was leaving in an hour! My parents explained that I was going to travel around, the woman felt no sympathy and wasn't very helpful to. Downstairs there was a restaurant with wifi so we could arrange something. We stopped discussing and ran to the restaurant.

The clock was ticking and wifi was to slow or not working at all.. we tried it on my tablet, on the phone, on the computer. Three times in a row it stopped working, when my ticket to Phnom Pen - Cambodia, was only two clicks away. At some point there was only half an hour left.. and then I panicked.  I tried hard not to. But I hadn't slept at all because of excitement.. "I'm going to miss my plane." I gave up.. thinking this must be a sign.. my mom told me not to worry.  "If you miss it, you just take the next plain!" That cheered me up a little. I was going, no matter what. My dad finally managed to buy the ticket and we ran to the counter. The woman was not there anymore.. another man recognized us and helped us out. I gave my backpack and one of the ladies walked with me to the the gate so I didn't had to stand in line. Half running, half walking I had to say goodbye to my parents. My mom was getting emotional and told me everything is going to be alright and she loves me very very much. She was trying to be comforting, but instead I teared up because I couldn't really say goodbye. A quick "I love you"  and a kiss and then I had to ran.

I realise things like this can happen, and I look at it as a part of  the adventure. Just as life, travelling will be hard sometimes. But that's what makes it an adventure, right? 

Right now I'm in singapore, ready to take my next flight to bangkok. Still didn't sleep much but my friend Elodie is welcoming me in her home when I arrive. Looking forward to see her again and getting my first pat thai and thai massage!  Hello Asia! I'm soooo ready for you! Whatever you may bring me! I know in the end everything will be alright.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. That was stressy indeed. Now time to relax. Enjoy it. Kiss!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. in the end everything will be okay if it's not okay it's not the end! Anyway kitty-cat Priya loves my yoga mat and she's is always looking at me with admiration and curiosity when I'm doing stuff. I just love that look upon her face! Have fun and loads of kisses from mamma and Priya

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen