vrijdag 1 november 2013

Beach and big city lifestyle

My first night on Koh Rong island with the bonfire on the beach was so amazing! I thought; I can never leave this place.. On one side of the island you have a couple hostels, bars and huts. On the other side is a white sanded beach with the clearest water I have ever seen and there is nobody there... Koh Rong has the best barbecue squid I have ever tasted, and your spending your days there in between locals, unlike Thailand or any other island I've been to. After a few days you know so many people, it starts feeling like home. We went to the full moon party with the partyboat. The party was on Koh Rong Samloem, a smaller island right next to it. It was not to crowded, on a beautiful beach, cool people, fireshows. This was full moon at it's best I think. How it used to be 10 years ago. Dancing until sunrise... this was my first sunrise during this trip. It was magical. So many beautiful colored clouds, with a storm far away in the south and the full moon still shining behind you. 



Took the partyboat back "home" with al these great people I met. 


 After 10 amazing days I left the island and then got stuck in Sihanoukville voor another week. Almost everyday the same routine: rent a bike, drive up to Otres beach, swim, chill, have an Amok chicken, hang out at this bar called "blame canada", have some drinks in the night and spend almost nothing... it's a great lifestyle. After travelling and seeing a lot of stuff, this felt like the two-week-beach-holiday in between. It was so hard to leave this place. But I was very excited to go to Vietnam. New adventures, new people. Travelling is so good, I could do this forever.

Now I am in Ho Chi Minh city, what a contrast! It's crazy! So crowded! But I like it a lot. I am sharing a four bed dorm with a really cool girl I met on the bus. And crazy enough i've bumped into some other people i have met before too.
The first day in Ho Chi Minh we went to the war museum. A lot of pictures made during that time, and they are really impressive. A must-see museum! The next day we went to the floating market, which was ok.. it was a six hour busride and a 3 hour tour, so I mostly slept that day!

 I was looking forward to celebrate Halloween. Vietnamese people love Halloween. We got our face painted on the street. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. After the facepaint everybody wanted to take pictures with us! 



The street was so crowded that at some point you just couldn't walk through it. But it was good sitting and watching al these crazy costumes. People were cheering and applauding when they saw a good costume walking by. Great atmosphere! The clubs are really fancy and big, but I liked it more on the street. Simple, but good! Vietnam and Vietnamese people are awesome!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten